American Airlines will be adding daily, nonstop service from Wilmington International Airport (ILM) to Dallas-Ft. Worth international airport beginning December 19. Tickets will go on sale this weekend. DFW is American’s largest hub, with more than 750 daily flights to more than 200 destinations.
This route is the latest of a number of additional flights American Airlines has added to ILM in the past few months. Here is a quick recap of those additions:
- ILM- Washington, D.C., Ronald Reagan International Airport (DCA) went from weekend only to daily
- DFW began Saturday only service this summer (through Aug. 18) followed by daily service beginning Dec.19
- New York Laguardia (LGA) is adding a 3rd weekday trip
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) is starting daily service this summer
- We continue to have 9 daily flights to CLT, American’s second-largest hub
In total, American is adding 19 flights to ILM, bring the weekly total to 121.
“Wilmington is an amazing destination for tourism and a growing economy. American is the largest carrier in Wilmington and we are excited to continue to grow in that market.”
Vice President, Network & Schedule Planning
“On behalf of the Wilmington International Airport, we are excited and grateful for the nonstop service American Airlines is adding at ILM. We appreciate the community support which has resulted in the success of our air service.”
Gary Broughton, C.M.
Deputy Airport Director
Wilmington International Airport (ILM)
For Media Inquiries, Please Contact:
Senior Manager, Global Communications