Have an upcoming flight? Until the coast is clear, below are steps you can take to protect yourself and others while traveling. You will also find steps ILM is taking. Together, these actions will help make travel as safe as possible for everyone. #ILMSafeTravels
Some of the key changes being implemented at the airport include:
- Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting: In addition to general cleaning protocols, ILM continues to clean all major touchpoints on a schedule frequency of two to three times per day; utilizing a disinfectant which is listed on the CDC’s approved disinfectant list.
- Plexiglass/Sneeze Guards: These items have been installed to protect employees and travelers
- Social distancing Floor Markers: Look for floor markers to help guide where you should stand while waiting in line, in order to keep a 6 foot distance.
- Seating Changes: Rocking chairs are spread out and placed in locations to socially distance.
- Masks: Airport employees will wear masks
- Cashless, Self-Service Parking Lots: We have opened parking lots that are credit card only, reducing the use of paper money and staff interface.
- Modified Restaurant Menus: To expedite orders and reduce waiting in the gate area, Tailwind’s restaurants offers grab and go, including a few hot options, you may take to your waiting area to enjoy.
- Clean and Healthy Construction Sites: While ILM continues the Terminal Expansion Project, the contractor, Monteith, has imposed strict guidelines for employees on the premises to keep everyone healthy and working.
- Healthy for Travel: Ensure you are fever-free and not experiencing COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, prior to traveling
- Check the ILM website: for the latest information on available parking lots and other facility changes that may be in effect the day you travel.
- Allow Time Before Your Flight: Arrive at least two hours in advance of your flight. This will help ease crowding and congestion at check in and the TSA checkpoint caused by last-minute rushes before scheduled flights.
- Masks & Face Coverings: Wear face coverings or masks while in the airport
- Wash Hands: Wash hands regularly, for at least 20 seconds
- Social Distance: Stay at least 6 feet away from others, even when you do not see 6 foot spacing reminders
- Reduce Touchpoints: If you can, check in online and use the mobile boarding pass technology. For a short trip, you may consider packing in a carry-on suitcase rather than checking a bag.
- Check Airline Requirements: Become familiar with your airline and travel partner requirements, such as airline’s requirements for wearing a mask, before traveling. Visit the websites for American Airlines, Delta, or United.
- Visit the CDC’s Website: Learn more about travel health information as well as ways to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Visit ILM’s webpage: https://flyilm.com/ilm-safe-travels