ILM is dedicated to providing an exceptional airport experience for our customers, connecting the Cape Fear Region to the global marketplace.
Our Core Values
- Teamwork for Results
- Take Responsibility for Resources (Work/Time/Resources)
- Communicate for Success and Efficiency
- Use Integrity and Follow the Golden Rule
- Respect Diversity because it Drives Innovation
- Providing Customer Service is Everyone’s Job
ILM is an equal opportunity employer that offers a wide array of benefits. Our team consists of dedicated employees committed to the highest quality airport facilities, air transportation, and efficient use of resources.
Join Our Team
The Wilmington International Airport is currently hiring a dispatcher and a maintenance tech.
A Public Safety Office Dispatcher answers all incoming emergency and non-emergency calls to the Public Safety Office and dispatches information and personnel accordingly. Maintains department files and keeps computer entries up to date. Monitors airport security cameras and access control system and dispatches officers or operations personnel to alarms. Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed. High school diploma required. DCI certification preferred, but may be obtained within first months on the job. Some knowledge of police, fire, rescue and radio communications preferred but not required. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Starting salary is $27,500. Click to view the full job description. To apply, email your resume to Gary Taylor, Operations Manager at gTaylor@flyilm.com. Position open until filled.
A Maintenance Tech is responsible for the maintenance of all airport buildings and grounds. Depending upon the candidate’s experience, may include routine repairs to airport facilities and equipment. Performs custodial duties to maintain the appearance and cleanliness, and a safe (injury free) environment in the airport terminals, airlines operation building, and training center. This includes dust mopping, wet mopping floors; emptying trash; Vacuuming carpets; cleaning elevators, stairwells, break rooms and locker rooms; cleaning offices and closets; dusting headers and vents. Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Salary is commensurate with experiences. The full salary range is $26,200 – $40,000. Click to view the full job description for Maintenance Tech 1 and Maintenance Tech 2. To apply, email your resume to Gary Taylor, Operations Manager at gTaylor@flyilm.com. Position open until filled.
Other employment opportunities may be available through entities within the airport. Please check partner websites below for their potential employment opportunities.
- Federal Aviation Administration: FAA
- TSA Security: TSA
- Airlines Baggage Handlers and Counter Staff: Piedmont Airlines, United Ground Express
- Airport Restaurants: Tailwind Concessions
- Airlines: Delta, American, United
- Skycap Positions: Superior Aircraft Services (910) 622-7628 or via email
- Avis / Budget Rent A Car (910) 763-1993
- Enterprise (910) 254-9503
- Hertz Rent-A-Car (910) 762-1010
- National / Alamo (910) 762-8000
- Thrifty / Dollar (910) 343-1411
ILM’s ambassadors provide courteous, high-level customer service assistance and act as goodwill representatives to visitors passing through Wilmington International Airport. Just some of the essential functions ILM’s ambassadors provide are:
- Meet and greet passengers and visitors throughout the terminal.
- Meet and welcome passengers to ILM as they deplane and enter the airport.
- Provide information to callers who make inquiries about the airport via telephone.
Incentives of the Ambassador program include short 4-hour shifts, mileage reimbursement, quarterly updates from staff, and more! For more information on the volunteer program or to request an application, please contact us!