ILM is dedicated to providing an exceptional airport experience for our customers, connecting the Cape Fear Region to the global marketplace.
Our Core Values
- Teamwork for Results
- Take Responsibility for Resources (Work/Time/Resources)
- Communicate for Success and Efficiency
- Use Integrity and Follow the Golden Rule
- Respect Diversity because it Drives Innovation
- Providing Customer Service is Everyone’s Job
ILM is an equal opportunity employer that offers a wide array of benefits. Our team consists of dedicated employees committed to the highest quality airport facilities, air transportation, and efficient use of resources.
Join Our Team
The Wilmington International Airport is currently recruiting for a Public Safety Officer.
Public Safety Officer: A Public Safety Officer (PSO) provides law enforcement and airport security to passengers, visitors and tenants under the supervision of the assigned Shift Supervisor or designee. The PSO ensures airport compliance with regulations, provides routine patrols, and ensures all traffic laws and county codes are obeyed. He/She Performs aircraft rescue firefighting (ARFF) duties as required. He/She also exercises sound judgment and provides quality service by anticipating and meeting customer expectations. High School diploma and Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) required. DCI certification and Firefighting background preferred. In-house Aircraft Rescue Firefighter (ARFF) and First Responder medical training provided. Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Must possess a valid North Carolina Class “C” driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and the ability to maintain insurability by ILM. Must also be qualified to obtain a North Carolina Class “A” driver’s license. Must be able to pass a physical agility test. Starting salary is $37,000. Click to view the full job description. To apply, email your resume to Gary Taylor, Operations Manager at gTaylor@flyilm.com. Position open until filled.
Other employment opportunities may be available through entities within the airport. Please check partner websites below for their potential employment opportunities.
- Federal Aviation Administration: FAA
- TSA Security: TSA
- Airlines Baggage Handlers and Counter Staff: Piedmont Airlines, United Ground Express
- Airport Restaurants: Tailwind Concessions
- Airlines: Delta, American, United
- Skycap Positions: Superior Aircraft Services (910) 622-7628 or via email
- Avis / Budget Rent A Car (910) 763-1993
- Enterprise (910) 254-9503
- Hertz Rent-A-Car (910) 762-1010
- National / Alamo (910) 762-8000
- Thrifty / Dollar (910) 343-1411
ILM’s ambassadors provide courteous, high-level customer service assistance and act as goodwill representatives to visitors passing through Wilmington International Airport. Just some of the essential functions ILM’s ambassadors provide are:
- Meet and greet passengers and visitors throughout the terminal.
- Meet and welcome passengers to ILM as they deplane and enter the airport.
- Provide information to callers who make inquiries about the airport via telephone.
Incentives of the Ambassador program include short 4-hour shifts, mileage reimbursement, quarterly updates from staff, and more! For more information on the volunteer program or to request an application, please contact us!