United Airlines will begin new nonstop service between Wilmington International Airport (ILM) and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), starting February 11, 2022.The nonstop flights are already loaded in United’s system and interested travelers may book their flight now at www.united.com.
The nonstop flights will operate twice daily on the CRJ-550. United’s CRJ-550 is the world’s first 50-seat regional aircraft designed to offer first class seats and amenities. Originally designed to seat 70 plus passengers, United’s CRJ-550 configuration maximizes customer comfort and has revolutionized the regional flying experience with features like:
- 10 seats in United FirstSM, 20 seats in Economy Plus®, and 20 economy seats
- Space for every customer to bring a roller bag on board.
- A self-serve refreshment center for United First customers, featuring a wide assortment of pre-packaged snacks and beverages.
- More overall legroom per seat than any other 50-seat aircraft flown by a U.S. airline.
- The ability to stay connected while inflight with United Wi-Fi.
- Complimentary personal device entertainment service, which enables passengers to view hundreds of movies and television shows in flight.
- For images and b-roll of the CRJ-550 please click here.
“Our community has long desired nonstop service to Newark for many years and we are thankful that United has chosen to provide this service,” stated Gary Broughton, Interim Airport Director. The New York area is a top market for ILM, inbound and outbound, and we look forward to seeing strong community support for this new route.”
“The economic vitality and growth of Wilmington, North Carolina is something that United is proud to support,” said Ankit Gupta, Senior Vice President of Domestic Planning and United Express. “These new routes will connect fliers from Wilmington to one of United’s busiest international hubs, making it easier not only to travel to more than 50 cities in the U.S., but also opening up access to exciting destinations in Europe, Africa and beyond.”
Below you will find the nonstop flight schedule. Please note, the flight schedule is subject to change.
|Departure Airport||Departure Time||Arrival Airport||Arrival Time|
About the Wilmington International Airport: The Wilmington International Airport serves southeastern North Carolina with commercial air service on American Airlines, Delta, and United. In 2019, ILM welcomed 1,075,963 passengers annually. ILM services numerous non-stop destinations; allowing for convenient domestic and international travel. The Wilmington International Airport is the fifth largest airport in North Carolina. The NCDOT Division of Aviation’s 2020 report estimated ILM’s economic impact at $2.25 billion and 16,385 jobs. For more information on ILM, please visit flyILM.com